Friday, December 29, 2006

my faith in humanity has been restored.

I had something remarkable happen to me today. Well let me back up first by saying that I spent yesterday preparing packages to send my ex-bf's presents back to get refunds. Amazon (Doc Marten boots) gave me a pre-printed form and said they would deduct the shipping charges from my refund. Cabela (brown leather jacket) did not give me a form, and I had to spend $8 sending the jacket back. Well, I had ordered two t-shirts and a bumper sticker from cafepress.com. They are related to computers and World of Warcraft and I don't know anyone else who plays that game. They didn't give me a return address or return slip so I emailed the customer service dept. I could not believe the response I got in the last email. I will copy and paste the correspondence here. Purple- cafepress. Pink- me.

Question: RMA Request:

Email: mysticalguacamole@hotmail.com

:: Refund is requested ::
Comments:

Broke up with geek boyfriend right before Christmas. Therefore want money
back for his gfits. LOL.


Dear Julie,

Thank you for contacting CafePress.com!

I would be happy to make that return for you.

In order for me to process the refund, please reply to this email with the
order number and product number of the item you would like to refund. As
well, please include a brief explanation of the reason for the refund and I
will process your request when I receive your reply.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed in this matter. I look forward to
your response.


If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know.


Question: Per your request, here is the info:

Ok the order # for the entire order is -------

I want to return the:
bumper sticker "I PWN NOOBS". product# 87047331
Direct Printing Yellow T-shirt XL "Yes I will fix your $#(*$ computer". Product #51969650
Direct Printing Dark T-shirt XL. "Its a WoW Thing You wouldn't Understand" Product #69330694

Reason: Broke up with boyfriend right before Christmas, these were presents
for him. He was cheating on me, therefore I do not want to send him any
gifts. I would like a refund if possible.
Thanks
Julie

Dear Julie,

Thank you for contacting CafePress.com!

We want you to be 100% satisfied with your CafePress.com experience.
I've gone ahead and processed a refund for you. Please allow 3 - 5 business
days for the refund to be reflected on your credit card statement.

If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know.



Question: What address do I send the items to?


Dear Julie,

Thank you for contacting CafePress.com!

There is no need for a return! I don't want you to incur any additional shipping charges. Please keep the items as our way of saying thanks for shopping at CafePress.com.

I know it probably doesn't mean much coming from a stranger but I'm really sorry to hear of what happened at Christmas. Keep the items because I'm sure you'll find someone better to give them to. Have a happy new year!

Can you believe this?? A complete stranger has just made my day, my week, hell my year. How cool is that??? I encourage everyone to shop at cafepress.com. They are awesome!!!