Sunday, December 10, 2006

the Holiday

Saturday night I saw this movie and yes it is predictable and cute, with requisite happy ending. But don't we all want a happy ending sometimes? My only complaint is that the movie tends to dwell on Amanda (Cameron Diaz) in the UK for extended periods of time, while the audience is yearning to see what Iris (Kate Winslet) is up to in LA. I would keep wondering why they were spending so much time with Amanda when Iris was far more interesting...although Jude Law is incredibly photogenic. Also, Jack Black cleans up really well and is charming and funny. But anyway if you are down in the dumps or just want to escape your miserable life this is a good flick to see with a friend. It gives me hope that I might find love one day....I just need to find someone to switch houses with.