Saturday, June 21, 2008

lauren gets a dramatic new do (fauxhawk)

Lauren’s dramatic haircut (faux hawk)
Current mood: excited

Lauren gets a dramatic new 'do! Courtesy of Stacy at Oasis Day Spa and Salon.

Before:




After:


















myspace comments:
Melissa

I think Lauren is so pretty and her new haircut makes her look older. Watch out summer, here she comes!! :)

Posted by Melissa on June 21, 2008 - Saturday 6:18 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

so where are the pics of your new haircut???

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 21, 2008 - Saturday 6:18 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Baz

Wow! Cute cut! That is a bold move.
My daughter went very short a couple of years ago. She's grown it out a bit now. It was very difficult to get into a bun for ballet.

Posted by Baz on June 21, 2008 - Saturday 6:32 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

I saw that on her page, she is so cute!

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 21, 2008 - Saturday 9:32 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Angel

Wow, she is so pretty she looks like a model!

Posted by Angel on June 21, 2008 - Saturday 7:26 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

:-)

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 21, 2008 - Saturday 9:31 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Stacy

HI! Thanks for sending me a link of the pics. im so glad she likes it, everyone kept saying when she left how much she looked like that girl from antm, her face and hair. Who knew! I didnt get a chance to tell you either but i will be at oasis until the second week of april , then i will be starting at advanced attractions in new bern ( i live there and dont want to pay $4.oo for gas anymore) so when lauren might need it trimmed back up and if your having trouble getting it done the same way by anyone else....i will be there.....just myspace me for numbers! thanks again for letting me see her pics!

Posted by Stacy on June 21, 2008 - Saturday 7:43 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

I heard you talking about that last Saturday. I don't blame you for not wanting to drive that! Thanks again for the awesome haircut!

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 21, 2008 - Saturday 9:32 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Belladonna

She's gorgeous! WOW! The cut really shows off her beautiful eyes. Great pics....

Posted by Belladonna on June 21, 2008 - Saturday 8:32 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

She reminds me of my mom when she was young, especially her eyes.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 21, 2008 - Saturday 9:33 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Belladonna

I think she looks like you, actually.

Posted by Belladonna on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 11:15 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


muffin.king

Okay, I admit it. I was wrong. Less is more. This is a great look. Very mature yet spirited. And I was fooled by the photos. I thought the 2nd and 3rd after shots were done at the salon by a pro so they could display them on their wall or website because they are such professional looking shots and very stylish. I should do my own photo blog...I now have more hair than the two of you combined!! BTW...your daughter is very beautiful. I wonder who she takes after. Speaking of daughters, I guess next Saturday is Alex's turn again.

Posted by muffin.king on June 21, 2008 - Saturday 9:30 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Nope Lauren is the photographer! She is very good isn't she?
Alex doesn't need a haircut, I think its YOUR TURN.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 21, 2008 - Saturday 9:34 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Rhoda Whitehorse

WOW. Lauren is very beautiful and she looks fabulous with her new haircut.
I love the photos too.

What a beautiful and talented young lady.... she has it all going for her.

*Rhoda stops to wipe away a little jealous tear*

Posted by Rhoda Whitehorse on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 1:41 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

awwwww *hugs Rhoda*

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 7:03 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Jill

Wow! Brilliant, she looks like a sultry model now. Watch out boys!!!!

Posted by Jill on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 2:50 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

i love that word sultry

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 7:03 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Kyrenza

It's fantastic - she really suits it.

Posted by Kyrenza on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 3:34 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Usually people say it the other way round. Youre too cool

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 7:04 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Julie ~ Fan of DMB

Wow! Lauren is simply gorgeous! Love the cut!!!

Posted by Julie ~ Fan of DMB on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 3:36 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

She is one of those lucky people who looks good in any type of haircut. She has a small face.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 7:05 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Chilli

As a bloke I think I'm quite brave/stupid commenting on a lady's haircut, especially a friends daughter, but here goes. Punky-chic, brave, striking, good new look. The b&w's are great pics, she looks like a model. Most importantly does she like it ?

Posted by Chilli on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 4:56 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Aww thanks Chilli. Yes she really does like it. But there is a lot of styling involved I wonder if she will tire of that LOL

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 7:06 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Chilli

Ah yes I know that one : "Daddy daddy I want a hamster pleeeease. Yes I'll look after it, yes I'll change its dirty cage and water and feed it every day, I'll love it forever, pleeeease. Daddy daddy .. the hamster is dead ! "

(no not really .. but close)

Posted by Chilli on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 7:16 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Yes I've been through the hamster phase. She has rats now. You heard me correctly. So far they are still alive, but then again they are rats.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 7:19 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Chilli

Takes after her mum .. I believe you've had one or two of those ;)

Posted by Chilli on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 7:32 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Yeah mine were a tad larger than hers. :P

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 7:44 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lorraine

Wow! Lauren is simply 'stunning'. You must be so proud-xx-

Posted by Lorraine on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 9:30 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

aww thanks Lorraine!

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 9:45 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Kevin

Laurens new haircut looks really good on her..I agree with previous comments..it makes her look like a young woman

Posted by Kevin on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 10:08 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

thanks Kev!

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 12:30 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lolo

Thanks everyone :D

And btw, I would just like to add that I do smile in most pics.. but I wanted to come off a little badass in the pictures.. and plus, when I smile it squishes my cheeks a lot and squints my eyes. :P

I really do like the cut though, for those wondering. There is a LOT of styling involved, but I'm willing to do it every morning. It's a lot of fun styling compared to when I had long hair. Now I can swish it and mess it up.. but before, it was just straightening.. straightening.. and straightening.

Anywho, I really appreciate the comments.. they made me feel really happy that I got the haircut.
Toodles!

Posted by Lolo on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 11:44 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Markus

I like the striking new cut. Makes a statement. And particularly in the last shot it makes her eyes look so large. It will be intersting to see if she finds people deal with her differently when meeting her. A side effect is that it will probably be a breeze to get ready. ...Still, the detective's hat was cool too.

Posted by Markus on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 12:53 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Yeah well she can still wear the hat if she wants. :-) I guess we will see how others react soon enough. Her friends don't know yet. haha.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 12:54 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


andrea

i really like it. it looks really really good! i didn't know what i would think but i really like it. she looks like a model!

Posted by andrea on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 1:31 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Yeah her face shape looks good with any kind of cut, honestly. Shes lucky.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 1:39 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]