Wednesday, June 18, 2008

out of the mouths of your offspring...

out of the mouths of your offspring...
Current mood: bored

I was just thinking about some funny stuff my kids have said in the past that have amused or embarrassed me.
When Lauren was around two yrs old, I had been listening to Denis Leary's song ASSHOLE in the car (hey, its a good song!) and well you know how kids are, they absorb everything. We were in the grocery store and I was pushing her in the cart and all of a sudden she starts singing (quite loudly may I add) "I'm an asshole!!" My face was like this: . Then, there is part of the song where they spell out the word, "A-S-S-H-O-L-E everybody!" and to my amazement she sat right there and spelled it out. At that point I just started laughing cause she was two years old and she had just spelled her first word and it was ASSHOLE. Yes I am such a wonderful parent!
Then around the same time, I was driving through the Burger King drive thru and her car seat was in the front. I ordered her a kids meal and got to the window and sat my purse next to me and grabbed some money. The cashier comes to the window and Lauren goes, "HEY! MOM!" I turn and look and she has grabbed a tampon out of my purse. "THIS GOES UP YOUR BUTT!"
I turned about 10 shades of red because of COURSE I had a male cashier and he saw the whole thing.

Alex hasn't really embarrassed me that much, although one time we were out in public around a group of people, and she said "SHIT!"
I chastised her, which prompted her to respond "but you say that all the time!" OOPS!
She has always been a little too smart for her own good. Lauren was freakishly strong as a child and Alex was very advanced verbally. She spoke her first word and then the next week she was saying sentences. And she hasn't shut up since. When she was only 4 we were in the car listening to a song called "Perfect Day" and she looked at me and said "I think this is sarcastic". I had no idea she was capable of grasping that concept. I'm sure lots of examples of funny things she has said will come to mind after I hit "post" on this blog but at the moment this one which occured when she was around 6 comes to mind:
We were in the pet store buying supplies (we have a lot of animals) and we were looking at the cute little bunnies, "awww!" and the little puppies "OMG SO CUTE!" and then the kittens "how precious!" and I was just oohing and aahing over them all. Alex looks at me with a serious expression and says, "See, this is why I could not work here."
I go, "Yeah right! Cause you'd want to take all the cute animals home! I know!" She looked at me and with deadpan manner, said "no, I meant because it stinks." I was laughing so hard I was doubled over in the aisle.

In other news, I had a weird dream the other night and Lauren said I should share it cause it was kinda funny. I was not taking drugs, either! (just bc pills and honestly I don't know why I bother!)
I had taken Alex to the Sanitary (which is the restaurant jimmy works in, yes that is really the name of it) and she was wearing a monkey costume (wtf?). Jimmy seated us at a table near the window because he said it would give us a good view of the show. I was like, "Show? What kinda show?" Jimmy assured us that we would enjoy it and to sit back and relax. The view out of the window was of an aquarium that was full of sharks. We had just started eating and the show began. Some people on the deck above began throwing animals into the aquarium. A bear, a lion, and some other animals. They were all fighting to the death in the water and blood was flying everywhere. I shielded Alex's eyes. Jimmy came over to our table and acted pissed off that we were not enjoying the show. Then he began demanding that I return his towels because his ex gf was getting suspicious about where the towels were and apparently he had left them at my house. (To clarify Jimmy has never even been to my house and I do not have his towels). I told him I would look when I got home but I was staying at the beach that week. He got mad and stormed off. Alex and I walked outside to the deck where the next show was about to start, and she promptly jumped into the aquarium with the sharks. I screamed and pulled her out and jimmy ran over and said "What the hell is wrong with your child?" I said I didn't know and went inside to pay. Jimmy had marked my ticket paid but I told him "Hell no. I am paying for this." He was trying to close the restaurant and was very impatient and unfortunately I didn't have any cash so I was trying to write a check and he was making me nervous and I kept making it for the wrong amount. Then I overheard him saying he needed money for a magazine subscription, and I muttered that I get all my magazines for free (true). He heard me and walked over and started being nice and asking me for free magazines. I walked outside to an old truck to leave and as I was about to get in, I heard a very deep, creepy voice say my name. I looked all around but couldn't see who had said it. Then the alarm went off and I woke up.
Feel free to send interpretations.

Also, they say when your nose itches someone is talking about you, when your palm itches you are going to receive money. What does it mean when your belly button itches?

Have a great hump day people.


Currently watching :
Spaceballs
Release date: 2000-04-25

myspace comments:
Baz

LOL!

When my eldest was 3 , we were waiting at a bustop and she noticed an extremely large man seated the shelter. In a VERY loud voice she said "Mummy, that man looks like Humpty Dumpty"
um...

Posted by Baz on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 7:46 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Haha!

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 7:50 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Belladonna

I will be amazed if this posts because I haven't been able to do blog comments for other people since Saturday.

Not that I have anything fascinating to say right now.... Still not awake enough to think yet. This was funny, though.

I am wondering why all your magazines are free?

Posted by Belladonna on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 8:21 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

I will let you know next time I see some offers :-)

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 10:00 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Markus

First part, LMAHoleO. Where again do you live that they name restaurants by how clean they are? That's just scary. And we haven't even gone into the dream. I'll have to give that some deeper thought and get back to ya.

Posted by Markus on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 8:23 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Yes I live in the BOONIES. Heres the link to the restaurant. I couldn't make this shit up!
http://www.sanitaryfishmarket.com/

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 10:01 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Julie ~ Fan of DMB

Thanks for the full-belly laugh Jules! I needed it!! Haven't laughed that hard for awhile now. :D

Photobucket

I think it means that you need to clean your button;)

Photobucket

Posted by Julie ~ Fan of DMB on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 8:34 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Oooh I need one of those. But honestly it is clean.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 10:02 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Kyrenza

LOL my son asked my Aunt why she had a moustache.... Tampons were described by my daughter as "tablets for sticking up your bottom" The worst was my youngest son to the minister "You have got a big bogey hanging out of your nose"

Posted by Kyrenza on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 8:42 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Haha good ones!

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 10:03 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


ne@le

Regarding the itch thing Jules, has a man i have a couple of spherical objects that itch a lot, believe me the connection theory does not work. All i get is strange looks as i do a bit of therapeutic scratching. why the sight of a man with a hand down is jeans and a relieved look on his face should look funny I've no idea....... as i explained to the policeman !!

Little tale about niece too, when she was about 2yrs old. my sister and her ex were having an argument. all of a sudden liza says "why don't you shut up you pompous old windbags" argument defused and to this day we have no idea were she heard that phrase ( my ex brother in law was and still is one though..lol)

And speaking of my ex brother in law here's another funny tale. When my nephew was about 2, my ex bro in law decided that he would give little Charlie a lesson on how men use a toilet. So off he took a rather confused charlie to the toilet. "here's what you do son" he said giving a demonstration , but unfortunately at this point stage fright struck and having shown 'stage one' how point it in the right direction, Nothing would come out. They stood there waiting and waiting till Charlie got bored and wandered off. has he reached the bottom of the stairs suddenly he heard his dad calling out " hurry Charlie its started "....yeah,Charlie resisted the excitement and decided to watch telly instead.

Sorry if the thought of a middle aged accountant stood holding his 'calculator' in his hand is disturbing, but think of poor Charlie (and yes he did work it out for himself..parents..rofl)

Posted by ne@le on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 8:43 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

LMAO! Performance anxiety sucks doesn't it? I think after being a mom for many years, you lose that. I get NO privacy in the bathroom AT ALL. Even if I manage to get the kids out of there (they must have something better to do than watch me pee, ya know?) there are still animals sitting there staring at me.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 10:05 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Jill

Children are great for embarrassing their parents, but hey, we do get our revenge!! What? You don't??? OMG am I the only embarrassing parent on this planet, surely not rofl. Unfortunately, Sarah and I try to outdo each other when we go to the shops and both of us get withering looks from passers by :o( Some people have no sense of humour.

Creepy dream Jules, not sure I would want to start deciphering that one. Could get eldest son onto it if you like, but as he thinks I'm schizophrenic I am not at all sure you would want his "help"!!

Posted by Jill on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 9:51 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

eldest son onto it? *jules perks up*
Honestly I'm not a cradle robber (anymore) but he is quite cute.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 10:06 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Chickwah

I have absolutely no idea what the dream means but when your belly button itches - it means it needs scratching.

Posted by Chickwah on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 10:26 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

You're so smart.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 10:31 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Chickwah

It's a gift! ;-)

Posted by Chickwah on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 10:58 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Chickwah

I loved the stories though, reminded me of a few embarassing moments with my sons!

Posted by Chickwah on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 10:59 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

care to share those??

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 11:03 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Chickwah

Oh, once when I collected my elder son from Play School, he'd asked me to take Teddy to meet him, which I did. And I was putting on his shoes and he picked up his Teddy and said "I love you Teddy". And I thought "Awwww, how sweet", and then again he said "I love you Teddy". And then he said "Do you love me Teddy?" Teddy, of course, said nothing. So again he said "Do you love me Teddy?" - and still Teddy said nothing. So my son threw him down on the ground and said "Oh piss off then!" How proud was I?

Posted by Chickwah on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 11:52 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

ROFLMFNGAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 11:54 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Jill

I love it!!!! :o)

Posted by Jill on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 12:11 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Belladonna

When your bellybutton itches, it means someone is going to kiss it.

Posted by Belladonna on June 18, 2008 - Wednesday 8:17 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

oooh i like that one!

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 19, 2008 - Thursday 6:34 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lorraine

When my daughter was 8, she was given a frilly blouse for her birthday by an elderly aunt. Being quite old fashioned, and trying to instill manners into my child, I made her hand-write a thank you note to the aunt.
As my daughter had been doing this for a few years, I felt she she was competent to carry out this task without me looking over her shoulder. I was handed the completed letters to post, which I did. A few days later I got a phone call from the elderly aunt who couldn't contain herself. She read the note she'd received from my daughter aloud. "Dear Aunt Jo, thank you for the nice sh*t you gave me for my birthday. It was my very best present."
At least Aunt Jo found it amusing. Note to self, always check the spellings-x-

Posted by Lorraine on June 19, 2008 - Thursday 5:30 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

LMAO!!! I hope she saved that note.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 19, 2008 - Thursday 6:35 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lorraine

Yes, I have saved that note...
btw She was meant to write the word 'shirt' but ended up leaving out the letter 'r'. Not sure I made that clear-xx-

Posted by Lorraine on June 19, 2008 - Thursday 9:38 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Yeah I figured that out...it didn't register at first though LOL

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 19, 2008 - Thursday 10:38 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Chilli

When I was a cub (boyscout sort of thing) I asked our Akala (troop leader) why she wore lumpy stockings. She was unimpressed and did'nt answer. I asked my mum later on the way home and once she'd stopped laughing she told me what varicose veins were .. eeeewwww !

Also, dunno about itchy belly button but don't fiddle with it too much, I was told as a boy and still believe if you undo it your bum (butt) falls off !

Posted by Chilli on June 19, 2008 - Thursday 7:04 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

LMAO!!

I wasn't fiddling with anything. What have you heard?

I remembered something from my childhood when I was on the phone with Donna yesterday. When I was around 4, I was in the airport with my parents and there was a nun seated nearby. I had never seen one in person and I ran over to her and asked if she could fly. She said no, and my parents were dying laughing. She gave me a lolly and a hug. Funny I can't remember what happened last week but I remember that!

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 19, 2008 - Thursday 7:07 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Tracy

Deadpan manner...LOVE that phrasing...lol. So there...

My oldest used to sing the theme to 'Liar' by the Rollins Band..."Cuz I'm a liar! I'll rip your heart out...I'll turn you into me"...hehe...up and down the street riding his bike srceaming at the top of his lungs...four year old joy. (fifteen years ago)

Posted by Tracy on June 20, 2008 - Friday 8:25 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

haha that makes me feel better

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 21, 2008 - Saturday 6:05 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


andrea

haha! i cannot interpret. my dreams seem to be fairly easier to interpret. i had another dream this week about luther...haha.

Posted by andrea on June 21, 2008 - Saturday 1:11 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

hahaha. I want to hear it!

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 21, 2008 - Saturday 2:18 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Dee

When my oldest daughter was 3 years old my mother-in-law took her granddaughter (my daughter) to visit a friend of my mother-in-laws. Upon walking into my MIL's friends home my daughter looked at her grandmother and said, "Granny, this house is nasty!"........my MIL was stunned, all she could do was lean over and whisper to my daughter that it was not polite to comment on other's living conditions......................but as they say, out of the mouth of babes the truth shall come.............LOL!

Posted by Dee on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 6:20 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

oh dear! LMAO!!

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on June 22, 2008 - Sunday 7:46 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]