Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Start spreading the news....

I'm going to be a part of it, New York, NY :P This past summer I won two plane tickets on an Orbitz instant win game. I had decided to take Lauren to New York one weekend for a girls getaway. Well I started planning it and booked the flight for June 10-12. I figured we would take an early flight so we will have all day Friday, all day Saturday, and 1/2 day Sunday before we return. Well, Orbitz sent me hotel information, and I found out that my prize included a hotel stay. Problem was, they put me in a crappy hotel. After talking to several people who had endured their stay at the particular hotel, I wrote Orbitz and asked if we could change the hotel, and was informed that NO, they could not make any changes or cancellations. I talked to my sister (who will be joining me and Lauren in NY) and she said we should just make our own arrangements, and say the heck with the crappy hotel, since this is only a short trip and we want to stay somewhere nice and above all, safe. So after emailing back and forth for 2 days, we narrowed it down to the Hilton Times Square, which is ranked #7 out of 300 hotels in NY, and is located closest to the Amsterdam Theatre where we will be seeing Lion King. I emailed Rita to tell her to go ahead and book it, and not two minutes later, the UPS man pulled up in front of the office. I saw him bring in two envelopes. Well, like any good sweeper I bolted for the door to see what he had brought me. One envelope was from ticketmaster and contained my Lion King tickets, and the other was from Marketing Drive Worldwide :O. Well you may not believe me and I find it remarkable myself, but inside was a letter informing me that I have won 3 weekend night's stay at any Hilton hotel in the US. Could this have turned out any more perfectly??? So now we can stay at the Hilton scot free, I am flying to NY for free, this is so freaking cool. I booked us on a greyline comprehensive tour of Manhattan also, so we will be very busy on June 11 (Saturday). We will be flying in Friday morning, and that day is pretty much up in the air but I figured we would do some shopping, maybe a carriage ride through Central Park, and eat at a nice restaurant that night. Saturday is the Manhattan tour followed by Lion King, and Sunday we will be leaving at 330 pm so we have time for some more shopping and eating a nice lunch. I can't wait!!! If anyone has any tips or suggestions feel free to email me, baby!!!