Saturday, May 10, 2008

here ghosty ghosty

here ghosty ghosty

My kids and I love watching Ghost Hunters. Its fascinating to me, especially the EVPS...when they play back their tapes and an unknown voice is responding to their questions. Freaky.

There have been a few things that have happened over the years but I have never had any definite proof that made me truly believe. I find it hard to accept things without actually seeing them with my own two eyes (which is why I am so skeptical of religion but I wouldn't touch that topic with a 10' pole).

This morning I was on the computer and I could hear the cats walking around in the hallway, and then suddenly heard the voice of a small child saying something I could not understand. There was no one there, and no tvs or radios were on, but I convinced myself that the sound must have drifted from a child playing outside. A few hours later, Lauren ran into my room in tears because she heard someone exhale loudly right next to her ear. This was in her bedroom, and she said that last night several inanimate objects in her room were making strange noises and she felt "creeped out".

Two years ago, my boyfriend at the time, James, decided to go ghosthunting on his own, with a tape recorder in the cemetery. He got freaked out and felt as if something had followed him home that day. Well lucky me, cause I think it followed him to my house. For the next year, I felt uncomfortable in my bedroom. I always felt as though something was watching me, and usually I felt as if (as cliche' as it might sound) it was residing in my closet. My cats, who had previously BEGGED to get into my bedroom and hang out on my bed, REFUSED to enter it. They would get as far as the closet, then they would stare into it, and back up slowly out of the room. I am not joking. One day, I was lying in bed with James and I looked up at the ceiling, and saw a dark mist rolling across the white ceiling above. I rubbed my eyes and looked again, and saw it slowly move to the other side of the room and disappear. We tried to do some EVPs that day with a recorder but nothing came up. A few days later, I was rummaging in my closet for a pair of shoes, and I was throwing pairs around and making quite a bit of noise as they would hit the back of the closet. Suddenly I felt the hair stand up on the back of my neck, and a voice right next to my ear said "Shhhhhh", as plain as day. I ran into my bathroom, shaking. After an hour of contemplating how I was to escape through the 9" cat door in my bathroom window, I managed to sneak out of the house. I was FREAKED out. I continued to feel uncomfortable in my room for months and months and then one day, I walked in and everything felt different. The air felt lighter and I didn't feel a sense of oppression. My cats walked in and jumped on the bed. Maybe it's all a coincidence, and maybe I am nuts (shut up). But I'd love to hear any stories of the paranormal that you would be willing to share. I find the subject fascinating.


myspace comments:
ting 1-50 of 57 1 2 of 2 Next >
Head First

Im first! Okay...now that that's out of the way, I'll actually read this.

Posted by Head First on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 1:32 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Head First

Once again...you are interfering with work. I haven't even showered and dressed and left my lonely apartment because someone always has something great for me to read.

Posted by Head First on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 1:33 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Ric continues to blame everything in his life on someone else. YOU MADE ME LATE FOR WORK CAUSE YOU WROTE SOMETHING...DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!
:P
*jules makes plans to post a new blog every day just as Ric is supposed to be getting ready for work*

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 1:36 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Head First

For an atheist and skeptic who believes everything can be explained, the Twilight Zone fan in me gets into this stuff and I'm actually disappointed I've no personal stories to share other than freaking out when working late and the building is dark except for my store so I'll catch my own reflection in the glass doors and startle myself. I won't make light of your experience because, in addition to the fear you must be experiencing, there is that feeling of your home being violated and your family being endangered. I guess you'll simply have to pack up and move. May I suggest 21228?

Posted by Head First on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 1:42 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

You'd have to remove all the mirrors so that I wouldn't also be startled by the phenomenon known as Rics Reflection.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 1:47 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Head First

Mirrors are a must! That way you get to see my rugged masculine face* AND my thinning scalp** in one viewing. Speaking of ghosts...have you seen my hair? Never mind...it's in the tub and the sink.

*That should read "the face that went from zits to wrinkles overnight". I didn't have ONE good year. I blame aliens for my 'missing time'. I swear they abducted me and replaced me with some old dude.

**I will be sporting the Ben Franklin look shortly...bald with long hair. A kind of Def Leppard in the nursing home mullet look.

Posted by Head First on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:00 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

*Whilst in captivity, I think the aliens performed a lot of tests on you that had alarming results.

**I gotta be honest I much prefer a completely bald head to one that has nothing on top and is long and scraggly in back.
yuck.
You can always wear a hat.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:03 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Head First

I'll have to reply later. I'm busy shaving my head and then I need to shop for hats.

p.s. The aliens stole your Mother's Day gift.

Posted by Head First on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:26 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Elisebébé

One thing that makes it so weird is the fact that it's all happened in one day. It seems like the only strange things that have happened have occurred over the course of months and months.. and now it's starting up again.
I just cleared off my camcorder.. so I'll put it on night vision and set it in my room all night. Let's hope I catch something (I'll probably be scared to watch the video ahh)

Posted by Elisebébé on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 1:47 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Maybe it will catch you snoring!!

In all seriousness when was it that you walked through the cemetery? Wonder if that could have something to do with it.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 1:49 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Elisebébé

Kissss itt.

Umm, it was one day when Alex and I went walking. I guess within a week of today? It wasn't that long ago.

Posted by Elisebébé on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 1:51 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Interesting. Were there any small children buried there or did you notice.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 1:52 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Elisebébé

Um, well I was about to suggest going back there to see.. but I doubt that's something I should do right now.
Well, I think there were a few small graves. I think the only small graves I saw in that cemetery were of babies that died during infancy though..

Posted by Elisebébé on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 1:58 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

that is sad :(

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:00 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Elisebébé

I hope your mother's day presents aren't possessed. When would you like to open them btw? :p Today? Sunday?

Posted by Elisebébé on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 1:52 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Belladonna

My kids gave me an Elmo (holding a peace sign) t-shirt for Mother's Day. It's so cute. I don't think it's haunted.

And Mikaela has a little one to match.

Posted by Belladonna on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 3:57 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

awww we're gonna need to see a pic of the two of you. :)

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 3:58 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Well shit I hadn't thought of that possibility until NOW. GREAT.
I'll open them tomorrow. And you can make me breakfast in bed hahahaha

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 1:53 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Head First

What time and what would you like to eat? Oooops...sorry! I thought that reply was to me.

Posted by Head First on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:02 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Elisebébé

Haha. Well what ever is in my room will probably circulate the house anyway (just to make you feel more safe).

I wish we had strawberries and grapes! I would fix some cheesy eggs with fruit.

Posted by Elisebébé on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:00 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Well hell we can stop at Food Lion tonight and purchase whatever you need. :-)

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:04 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Elisebébé

Ok cool.

Y'know.. now that I think about it..
Do you think singing along to "Haunted" in my room has encouraged the ghost?

I wanna be haunted by the ghost I wanna be haunted by the ghost

Posted by Elisebébé on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:10 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

OOOH perhaps we have attracted an Irish ghost who likes the Pogues. Awesome.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:11 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Elisebébé

Sweeet!

Posted by Elisebébé on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:12 PM
[Remove]


Chickwah

I feel quite cheated that this kind of thing has never happened to me despite me being quite intuitive and receptive! Huh!

Posted by Chickwah on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:08 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Your powerful sexual energy is too intimidating for the supernatural.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:09 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Head First

Don't be nice to her. She just posted a bulletin that freaked me out! Doesn't she know that I'm afraid of falling....twice in one week!!

Posted by Head First on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:24 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Are you talking to me or chickwah?

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:28 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Melissa

I just responded to Lauren's blog, so feel free to look at it. I told you that I have seen a ghost at my friend Danny and Stephanie's house. I saw it out of the corner of my eye. It was a man walking down the hallway. When I turned my head to look at him, he put his finger up to his lips as if saying, "shhhh..", then took a step back and blended in with the darkness. Stephanie said the look on my face was priceless. They were sitting on the couch and can't see down the hallway from where they were. Danny's dad died when he was little, and they were living in the same house then. I really feel like that's who I saw. (The cats saw him too.) It's like he just checks in once and a while to keep in touch with this son. Danny thinks we are crazy. Steph hasn't seen him, but hears weird things and has had unexplainable things happen to her. He just doesn't believe it at all, so therefore has never experienced anything. Maybe disbelieve and every little thing will be alright. :) best wishes!

Posted by Melissa on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:33 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

That is awesome that you saw a full body apparition!!
And I really want to believe...not disbelieve. I want proof that there is more to this life after our bodies cease to exist.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:34 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Head First

My body ceased to exist a long time ago.

Posted by Head First on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:42 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

don't you mean function? theres a subtle difference.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:47 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Head First

Did you put the "Are You A Loser" banner ad on your blog page just for me?

Posted by Head First on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:44 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Once again jules reminds ric not everything is about him.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:46 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Head First

I got you to "reply to this"! Ric will do anything for attention!

Posted by Head First on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 2:49 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Belladonna

I've seen so much weird stuff in my lifetime--it's not even funny. And no, I wasn't drunk, on drugs, or looking in the mirror.

When I was a kid, I saw a number of things that can only be explained as apparitions. They're rather long stories, though, so I'll have to call you and tell them to you.

All my life, I've had other odd psychic phenomena occurring. Nothing so freaky that I'll be on some talk show tomorrow but interesting enough that I believe that my mind is open to other dimensions/connections, and I'm sure our concept of time is just so limited and patently false. Maybe there is no "life after death," but there may be things happening all at the same time around us, and we just tune them out most of the time because if we didn't, it would be too much for our little brains to handle. Do you see what I mean?

I'd pay attention to the cats. They're not overthinking anything or filtering stuff out. If they're backing away from the closet, there's probably a good reason!

Posted by Belladonna on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 4:08 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Fillip

The cats are probably backing away from the closet because of your sneakers in there, Jules have you tried odour eaters????..and the Ghost probably wasnt saying Shhhhhhhhhhhh he was saying Phhhhhhhhhh get your hearing tested.
The mind is extremely powerful Jules, if there is any suggestion or wierdness it will pick up things and magnify the experience for you. You should try drugs and see what I mean ..LSD in particular.
I lived in a a Georgian listed property for 7 years and it should have been filled with creaks and noises and old spirits ..the only one I found was a 20 year old malt.
If you go looking for stuff like this, you will find it and may even encourage the spirits to play with you in doing so..Im no expert but it sounds like you have a visitor to me..get a spiritualist in there to exorcise it.. unless this Ghost is a fella and good looking then let him stay!!

PX

Posted by Fillip on May 11, 2008 - Sunday at 1:59 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

My sneakers don't stink!!! I have FEBREZE Linen and Sky it makes everything fresh

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 11, 2008 - Sunday at 2:08 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

I find the fact that you mentioned time interesting. Have you ever seen the movie The Others? I often wonder if there is a parallel dimension/alternate reality goin on and sometimes the two catch glimpses of the other. Some of the EVPS they have found on GH seem to indicate that the "ghosts" can hear us but not see us, and sometimes they seem to be going through a daily routine oblivious to us being there (footsteps and activity going on that cannot be seen). Its all fascinating to me.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 4:12 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Melissa

Much like what I saw, Danny's dad (?) was holding what appeared to be a toy train. Coud've been Danny's when he was little?? I'm like Donna, I've had more than a few shivers in my life time. I'll call you later. It may be real late though. I want to go out!

Posted by Melissa on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 4:33 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Cool luckily my kids are night owls (Yes I will have both of them.. lets hope its another Mardis Gras -like experience---bring your camera)
I think we're going to leave around 530 and get something to eat first at one of the restaurants down there.

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 4:39 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Chickwah

I'm totally open to this and ready for any visitations - but so far - no damn visitors! :(

Posted by Chickwah on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 4:31 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Chickwah

........ and I live alone so I'd hear anyone else in the house!

Posted by Chickwah on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 4:32 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Chickwah when I come to England we'll have to spend the night in a haunted castle!!

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 4:33 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Chickwah

You're ON! Never done that before so it's on my list of things to do before I die!

Posted by Chickwah on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 4:41 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Me too. :)

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 4:42 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Belladonna

I want to spend the night in the haunted castle, too! Maybe a whole weekend! How fun!!!

Posted by Belladonna on May 11, 2008 - Sunday at 1:55 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Kyrenza

I avoid it all like the plague not because I am afraid but because I am very aware that on many occasions I know things are going to happen not just to me and mine but other things before they do I have resisted this all my life. I remember about 12 years ago being out in the pub with my mates and for a hoot we told a bunch of gorgeous guys that I could tell fortunes of course it was all a ploy to get the craic going and for my unattached mates to interact with said stud muffins :o)

Anyway to cut a long story short I "told" the fortunes of everyone of them 5 guys and as far as I was concerned it was bullshit but it was so uncannily correct about their jobs their relationships and their fears I don't know who was more freaked me or them. I have never attempted it again. even when I tried to tell them it was all a joke they were clamouring round me to tell them more.

Posted by Kyrenza on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 6:14 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Wow that is crazy! Sounds like you have a gift...although maybe to you it is a curse?

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 10:11 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Tracy

omg...here goes. I just had another 'episode' the night before last of the second one that I state below. Firstly when my oldest son and I get around each other, weird stuff starts happening. Shit falls around us all the time. When we go shopping together, stuff just 'falls' off the shelves, and pictures in my hall fall down to the floor. Only when we are together. It really bothers us both. We just assume we have a clumsy angel or something. It's so odd that we both are always around each other and are not even close enough to the items to have supposedly affected them.

Then, about a year ago another strange thing started happening. This just by myself. I have been alone for three years now since my divorce. Well, on occasion, as I drift off to sleep, I get this 'feeling' of a presence in the room with me. When I wake up, there is a man standing by my bed and just looking at me. He's darkly cast in shadow, of course, and when I finally can catch my breath again and quit eating my heart, he's gone. It doesn't bother me much past the initial shock...I eventually just go back off to sleep and don't think anything else about it until it happens again.

I did some research on psychokinesis...trying to understand if my mind is possibly creating these instances. Here's an excerpt from one site:

"Poltergeist activity is generally associated with children or adolescents. One suggestion for this is that the activity is caused from a strong repression of hostility. In the Middle Ages, the cause was frequently thought to be the Devil, or a demon possessing a person, but currently it is thought to be a manifestation of PK activity.

Another type of PK activity is thought by those who experience it to be associated with death, danger or other emotional crisis. In such incidents persons reports falling pictures, clocks which stop, or stopped clocks which start, and shattering of glasses. The persons feels these incidents have indicated a death, or some highly emotional crisis."

I can't discount that our minds can alter our perceptions in such a way as to create these 'events' and 'manifestations.' In my opinion with my occurrances with the man at my bed...I came from an extremely physically abusive marriage and it is ingrained in me possibly that this man, being reflected in the 'power' position over me, might have something to do with that. (The inspiration behind my 'Affliction' poem)

Or, it could just be a horndog ghost wishing he could get some action. hehe.

Pretty deep shit.

Posted by Tracy on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 6:15 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]



Belladonna

I've had this same experience, Tracy, with the man by the bed! It's been quite awhile since I've seen him, thankfully. I saw him a number of times in my second marriage (which was quite abusive) and a few times a few years ago. He faded before I could really see him--or maybe I was too afraid to look at him closely or perhaps to remember him once my senses returned fully--not sure which. I had the feeling he was dressed in something dark, though. I always connected him with the night terrors I used to experience in which I would awaken and see something in the room that could not possibly be there in reality, and yet my eyes were open, and there it was, for a long time....

Posted by Belladonna on May 11, 2008 - Sunday at 2:04 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Tracy

It's good and bad to know that you experienced this, Donna. Good to know I'm not cracking up and bad to know that you went through the same thing. Sorry, honey.

The way you describe it is exactly like my experiences. Wow...so precisely, down to the fading, seeing, and feelings.

How can one (abuser) continue on with life and be as happy as can be and the other suffer even in their sleep...to be robbed of a basic comfort?

Hugs and much love always.

Posted by Tracy on May 11, 2008 - Sunday at 7:08 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Wow. Very interesting Tracy.
Lauren and I have noticed that when we walk together sometimes street lights will go out as we pass them. It has happened so many times that we wonder if it can possibly be a coincidence.
Seeing a man standing by my bed would scare the crap outta me. Its been so damn long since a man has been in here LMAO

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 10, 2008 - Saturday at 10:14 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Jas

Oh Jules baby, I have had lots of spooky stuffs happen to me, seen spirits, heard them. Scared the life out of me at first but its been going on so long now I just accept it as the norm. I absolutely love all this paranormal happening in the world. Me, strange? Hell no!!

Posted by Jas on May 11, 2008 - Sunday at 6:46 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Well I want details what did they say to you??

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 11, 2008 - Sunday at 2:09 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Jas

The latest voice I heard was when my friend (the nutty one!) was "testing" me and asking me which hand the ring I had given her was in. As clear as day a voice say Right, so thats the one I chose and thats the hand it was in. She then asked her hubby to choose which hand their wedding ring was in and he refused to guess so she threw the ring over the fence of the unit, never to be found again :o(
I also had a visit from my mum whilst I was preparing richies birthday food last month. Bless her. She didn't help tho lol

Posted by Jas on May 12, 2008 - Monday at 2:50 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


♥buttmuffin♥

Oh wow I need to call and ask you questions and your spirit guides can tell me some answers LMAO

Posted by ♥buttmuffin♥ on May 12, 2008 - Monday at 2:59 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]