Thursday, May 29, 2008

loss

loss
Current mood: sad

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.~ Christian, Moulin Rouge.


Sometimes we keep our heart too guarded and use humor as a shield…unfortunately sometimes this humor accidentally becomes a weapon rather than protective armor and hurts those who care about us. It was never my intention to hurt anyone, and I find myself heartbroken after being deleted by someone I cared about very much. It is excruciating to be cut out of someone's life so abruptly, almost as if they'd died… but instead you know they'd rather live their life…without you in it. Some things you expect, and some things you take for granted… but the earth rotates and the stars shine, with no regard for our pain or our happiness. It is our nature to dwell on things and try to understand what motivates other people to do the things they do and even to try to understand our own actions, especially when we push people away who are close to us. But in the end, we simply must be content to be. There will be those who will gravitate to us, and remain constant and loyal friends for years, for decades, for eternity... and there will be those who join us for a short time and then go off on their own for whatever reasons. It saddens me to think I must walk on into the dark alone....but my path is my own, and I must follow it…wherever it leads.

Every night I cut out my heart. But in the morning it was full again.~Almasy- the English Patient